first few weeks of uni
It finally happened.........
As of writing this it's the Sunday before my third week of school. Time passes by so quickly!
I have 5 classes in total. I'm not sure I like any of them that much but we ball anyway. Honestly, going into uni I thought for sure I'd love being in IR...however...I'm now 100% sure I'm someone who just doesn't like politics that much, which is a terrible thing to be when that's literally 70% of my major.
![]() |
| s*ra HAGterte |
Both of my major subjects are online thankfully! Also, I still haven't met my Philippine Lit prof IRL since he's been in another country. For context, my uni does a hybrid setup so we meet twice a week (M/T online, H/F irl), but sometimes we have subjects that are full online too (which are my Governance and Contemporary World subjects).
Before classes, I of course made sure to check the Profs to Pick posts on my professors. Luckily, my uni is popular enough to have both a very active Facebook group and a very active subreddit. What I gathered:
- My Theology prof is goated and will be the easiest 4.0 of my life.
- My Governance prof is goated although he does recit a lot + he's like a cool uncle.
- My Intro to Phil Studies prof is goated although she does recit a lot + she's like a nice tita.
- My CW prof doesn't have any reviews... hm!
- My Phil Lit prof is hard to please and scary but incredibly smart.
So far I think these hold true. CW is a little hard to wake up for though...7AM classes....At least my second sched starts later at 9...
My first day of class was prettyyyy interesting actually. It was all online but I still went to school to check things out after since my classes ended pretty early. I got my apartment RFID card and received all my IKEA packages. I freaking love IKEA.
![]() |
| supervising my ikea deliveries |
I did some online class while I was on campus and belatedly realized that I didn't have my Airpods, which is crazy because I bring them everywhere.
I sprinted to the Apple Store on campus (because we have one for some reason?!) and bought a pair of wired ones. I've been wanting some so I'm glad I was able to get them!
![]() |
| shoved into my filthy senior year duffle |
Class isn't that stressful yet, thankfully, so I've been spending majority of my time hanging out with friends, building my furniture, and My Melody lego sets!
Speaking of friends, I haven't mentioned a super special thing...
![]() |
| agricheria and cypherine!!! |
Cy and I live in the same apartment building!!!
It's so awesome! I literally just have to go to the elevator, press the button to go down, and we can hang out! We've been doing many important things like eat together, play Minecraft together, rot together... It's the most perfect thing ever!
On other friend-related news, my friend Sean is going away to the US so my group of friends held a small despidida (going-away party) at his house. I arrived early and was tasked to help make streamers but I was not... the best at it. My friend Dani (Sean's GF!) was much better and she also arranged the whole thing! They are so cute!
![]() |
| yummies |
Long distance relationships sound really scary to me but I think they will definitely make it. I saw their entire love story unfold and Can I Just Say... I lowk believe doing everything to end up together with someone (AKA masterminding) is just so peak.
While you're here, I want to mourn the fact I didn't get Olivia Rodrigo tickets. The odds were stacked against me to begin with since my parents dragged us to the mall and I had to find a cafe to sit my butt down and pray to the ticket gods. Alas, heartache.
![]() |
| ;-; |
Anyway! That's been my uni experience for the most part. I want to say I get homesick but I can literally just take a 1-hour Grab ride home whenever I want so...
But I miss my son sooo much all the time. If only my apartment was pet-friendly. Sigh... But no big matter! I can always go home.
Bonus: Criminal Minds crossword ez ez
![]() |
| got this in like a minute i am speed |










Comments
Post a Comment