apr 25 2024

After the radioactive meltdown that was yesterday's entry, I decided to take it easy today. Mostly because I cried reeeally hard while writing it and got myself SICK. My immune system is trash so go figure. 

My mom was against us going to school since it was going to be really hot. School didn't give any kind of memo until 30 minutes before class started which said that the grade schooler kids would stay home while us grownups would brave the heat. The parents were outraged -- especially my mom, who waited all night for a memo.

So...we (my two brothers and I) didn't go to school. Our excuse = our mom's concern for our well-being during one of the hottest days of the month. I hope this is valid since I missed two quizzes today. I'll provide an excuse letter anyway.

Today was pretty uneventful. I woke up in the afternoon and checked on my messages first. Jessie texted me saying I missed A LOT and Lane was asking where I was. I forgot to tell them I wasn't going...oops.

We have an exam tomorrow so I studied and watched a few episodes of House, M.D. I think it's really good so far. Cameron is my favorite because of course she is. Dr. Wilson too since he's literally Neil Perry. I'm on season 2.

my trakt

I was surprised to learn that we would only have one day of exams because I'm used to it being a two-day thing. We only have one exam and it's for a subject I really like. I think I'll do well! I just finished writing my notes too.

Because in the rubrics for this journal, it said I needed to mention Performance Task Making, my Favorite Spot (although...can't my Taiwan entry just count as that?), and my Work Immersion Journey, I'll start talking about those in the coming days. But since I'm here already, I'll talk about our performance task making.

Our performance task (basically the biggest project of our subject) is to do a musical with a local artist as our source of compositions AKA a Tagalog jukebox musical -- think AHEB or Rak of Aegis. We picked Gloc-9. I volunteered as a scriptwriter since I didn't really want to be a part of the actual production and I wanted to write. I don't know them/him(?) so I had to listen to some songs to have an idea on what we could do for the script.

So far, we finished Act 1 and we're almost done with Act 2. The musical has to be in Tagalog, which I struggle with, so we devised a strategy: I would write in English and my friend Sam (our director) would translate it and make it make sense. It's pretty good so far if you ask me!

Since I do have an exam tomorrow morning...I should probably go to sleep. I will definitely go to sleep and not watch House. Trust me.

Comments

Popular Posts