apr 27 2024

I finally got my link into status.cafe! Cy told me about it: it's basically this site where you share statuses with people. I'm going to try and configure how to add it here, but for now I'll talk about my work immersion experience since it's in the rubric for this journal. 

Before all of that, I didn't go to rehearsal today. I felt like trash the entire day with a mild fever and a cold. Turns out, sleeping late is really bad for you. Who knew? Definitely not me.

My family went out without me since I felt awful. I felt better around 4PM so I played The Mimic (a Roblox game) with Sam and his friend. We finished it with the help of this random guy who joined our party. 

Anyway, work immersion:

Our work immersion was basically a repeat of last year's entrepreneurship business, but with more competitors.

We did a booth where we sold fads -- the dictionary's literal definition = an intense and widely shared enthusiasm for something, especially one that is short-lived and without basis in the object's qualities; a craze. In not-so-technical terms, we sold bracelets, pins and stickers with outdated memes and/or social issue-related themes. 

I actually made the logo! I was about to go to bed one night when one of our leaders texted me and asked for help with the logo since I made the logo for our pizza bread business last year. 

The logo is so cute. I wish I could show it without the fear of getting doxxed, but alas.

I also helped with finance and production. I signed up to help with marketing, but I had so much fun with finance that I coded a tracking sheet for them to use in my absence (this all happened while I was in Taiwan) and helped budget things. 

In the production team, I made a bunch of generic pin designs. I also made the thank you stickers they placed on the packaging. I'm pleased to say that my favorite couple design was one of the most sold. I've seen so many people wear them out and about!

SO CUTE hihihihihi

Funny story, actually, I made a pin with the fullest intention of buying it for myself when I got back. When I got back, though, they were all sold out...I wasn't sure whether I should have been proud or not. I really wanted a pin for myself. 

So I just asked the person in charge of manufacturing pins to make one for me. I love it.

it's on my ID which is why i took great pains in censoring it

I also commissioned a custom bracelet from them. If you know, you know.

know its for the better

One of my favorite finds during the entire work immersion selling was this super cute bear with a pink hoodie. I named her Clover and I sleep with her every night now. The hoodie also happens to fit my cat perfectly...

she's so silly

There's more but that was basically my work immersion experience. We had a follow-up presentation of our business last Friday with all the "mentors". Unfortunately, it was really too hot and so I was delirious for most of it.

I really hope the weather gets better soon. I've started carrying an umbrella around. It's sumikko-gurashi.

Comments

Popular Posts